We're Back in Business
We hope you and your loved ones are safe, healthy and doing well! Having received the "Go-Ahead" from our county executive we're ready and excited to welcome you back for the hair services you've been so patiently, and some anxiously, waiting for! We are very happy to announce that we will be re-opening Aveda Bethesda Salon on Monday June 1, 2020. We have missed seeing you all very much!
While we at Aveda Bethesda have always offered you a clean, safe place to enjoy your services, rest assured that we will be ramping up our sanitation and safety efforts throughout each day. There will be several changes to the way we do business for the time being. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we implement a few upgrades to our pre-existing protocols to comply with CDC and Maryland State guidelines.
We have been holding your place in line for your appointment with us. We will reach out to you to confirm your new appointment day and time. We will be working by appointment only and with modified schedules.
*Please note, due to high call volume, you may experience a greater hold time than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our staff is working diligently to accommodate everyone who missed their appt in March, April and May due to Covid19.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and our guests is our top priority. We are taking every precaution to limit the exposure to Covid19. Including using hospital grade disinfectants on all high touch surfaces and work stations. Sanitizing all work areas before and after each guest, prescreening clients for illness prior to them coming into the store, taking the temperatures of everyone coming into the store daily. Providing hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes and gloves for our staff.
Health Screening Questions:
If your answer is Yes to any of these questions, you may not be admitted into the store:
- Do you currently have any signs or symptoms of Covid19: cough, fever, rash, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, or nausea?
- Have you been directly exposed to anyone with these symptoms within the last 2 weeks?
- Have you or anyone you have been in direct contact with tested positive for Covid19?
- If yes, how long has it been?
- Were you tested for the virus?
- If yes, did you test positive or negative?
- Have you traveled out of the country within the past 2 weeks?
- Do you live with someone who has tested positive for Covid19?
- Have you chemically treated your hair at home, such as bleaching, coloring, relaxing, chemical straightening, etc? Please inform your stylist if you have!
- All staff and clients will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the store.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. We are limited in the number of people we can have in the store at one time. We can only provide the service that you are booked for, we cannot add-on any services at this time.
- We will not be offering any drink service or magazines. There will be no waiting area. We will be working every other station to help with social distancing.
- Please come into the store for a haircut with freshly shampooed clean hair (within 3-4 hours) styled as you usually would but with no products in it, as we will be doing dry hair cuts or using water bottles to dampen hair. There will NO shampoos or blow drys for haircut services.
- We will NOT be doing blow drys at all right now. Expect to leave the salon with wet hair if you are having a color service done. We will do shampoos for color services only.
- We will NOT be doing any esthetic, nail or massage services at this time.
- We will NOT be shaking hands or giving hugs right now. We want to limit everyone's touch exposure as much as possible.
- We will continue to wash our hands before and after every client. We use a 70% alcohol hand sanitizer as well as soap and water and Barbicide plus for our tools.
- We will sanitize all surfaces & tools at our work stations between every client and throughout the store. There will be a $2.00 sanitation fee added to your total.
- We will be wearing masks at all times and gloves when needed during your service.
- We will have an Informed Consent form for you to fill out prior to your service.
- There will be no late cancellation fee charged in the event that you are not feeling well and need to reschedule, or if someone in your household is ill. Please let us know right away if you need to reschedule.
WE ASK OF YOU:
- To maintain social distancing as much as possible while in the store.
- Please do not touch any of our retail products, we will help you with product purchases.
- To wear a mask that loops behind your ears when you come in for your hair service. If you are having a color service, please bring an extra disposable mask with you because it will probably get color on it & will need to be thrown away after your service. If you don't have a disposable mask you may purchase one from us for $3.00
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time, & please bring a pen with you if you plan on using a credit card for payment.
- Upon entering the store, we ask you that you sanitize your hands, we will have hand sanitizer available for you to use; and we will be taking your temperature.
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks into the store with you.
Thank you for your patience as we move forward and navigate this ever changing situation.